Recipe by Keith Gunning (KG PRIVATE DINING)
About KG Private Dining
Take the stress out of your event and let the professionals do the work!
We provide bespoke private dining solutions in the comfort of your own home, air bnb or private accommodation. We work with you to design a bespoke menu for your event. Our highly trained chefs will arrive 1-2 hours before your event, cook and serve your dinner party, totally cleaning down afterwards leaving the kitchen as it was on arrival.
Our business will go live again for small dinner parties initially from the 30/06/20 once legislations are adhered too. Reserve your date today!
Hosting a party at home or in a venue or marquee of your choice? Contact us today to look after all your catering needs. Sit back, relax and enjoy your own party safe in the knowledge that all aspects of your party are being looked after.
We provide a full catering event service with onsite chefs, waiters, bar staff & bar equipment. And yes, we do clean up after – we’ll leave your kitchen spotless!
Our Menus are based on quality fresh produce, perfectly balanced flavours and stylish yet simple presentation. We create food that makes a statement. Our Chefs have designed our menus drawing inspiration from all corners of the globe, using quality local Irish produce, which is freshly picked, seasonal and organic when possible. These menus have been enjoyed at both corporate and private events in Dublin and across the country.
We are constantly reinventing and experimenting with flavours, sauces and interesting combinations to evolve in an ever-changing industry!
From our full set of Canape menus suitable for any budget, our fine dining dinner Menus, our beautiful Buffet Menus and our fun company BBQ and Street Food Menus – there is a menu to suit all tastes.
Wild Garlic and Asparagus Risotto With Caramelised Scallops, Pangrattato And Crispy Shallot Rings
- 1 litre of good quality Fish stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots. 2 peeled and finely diced. 1 sliced into rings.
- 1 stick of celery trimmed and finely diced.
- 300g of risotto rice
- 100ml of dry white wine
- 1 bunch of asparagus, woody ends removed and discarded.
- 25g of butter
- 1 small handful Parmesan cheese, freshly grated.
- 2 tablespoons of wild garlic pesto
- 1 lemon, zested.
- Sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 king scallops per person
Pangrattato Crumb (Blitz all Ingredients in a thermomix or blender)
- 200g Hard crusted bread almost stale
- 2 tablespoons of thyme
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
Your risotto base is a basic white wine risotto.
- Bring the stock to a simmer in a saucepan. Put the olive oil and butter in a separate saucepan. Add shallot, celery and cook for 10 minutes without colouring, Until soft. Add the risotto rice, toast for 1 minute. Do not allow your rice to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in your wine, keep stirring until the wine has evaporated and perfumed the rice.
- Add the stock, one ladle at a time, stirring and waiting until the liquid is absorbed before adding the next ladle. Turn down the heat to a medium heat. Be patient and do not walk away! Add sliced asparagus stalks and the tips. Stirring all the time, gently adding ladleful’s of stock until your risotto is al dente. (from start to finish should take around 15 minutes)
- To finish you risotto, add 2 tablespoon of wild garlic pesto, parmesan, lemon zest and season. Set aside on simmer.
- In a Hot pan add olive oil. Place scallops into the pan clockwise. (do not season until in the pan) after 2 minutes on 1 side and caramelised turn the scallops over and cook for 1 more minute. Scallops should be slightly translucent in the centre. Place on kitchen paper to drain. Slice a shallot into rings and coat in seasoned flour, then shallow fry until golden.
- Assemble your risotto in the centre of a plate with scallops on top. Sprinkle over Pangrattato and drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with a nice glass of Albarino or Chardonnay and a block of parmesan for grating.
Food photography – Marta Jankowska
Visit kgprivatedining.ie for more details on what we offer…
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook kgprivatedining