M&S is delighted to announce they have once again teamed up with Former World Young Chef of the Year and Forbes 30 Under 30 lister, Mark Moriarty to create the perfect Christmas starter, a Warm Crumpet with Normandy Crème Fraiche, Best Ever Smoked Salmon, Atlantic Prawns and Dill.
For an easy yet festive starter dish, Mark has created this mouth-watering seafood recipe with some of M&S’ finest ingredients. Made with M&S Normandy Crème Fraiche, M&S Best Ever Smoked Salmon, Atlantic Prawns and Dill, this dish is bound to get your festive feast off on the right foot!
Our Best Ever Smoked Salmon is made exclusively by M&S’ master smoker, cured with handcrafted Halen Môn™ sea salt and twice smoked over oak and chestnut, making this dish simply sensational.
With the M&S Christmas offering available in stores now, you can pick up everything you need to make this delicious starter in advance of Christmas.
To make this at home, all you’ll need is:
- 350g Plain Flour
- 15g Sugar
- 350g Buttermilk
- 14g Dried Yeast
- 15g Salt
- 7g Bicarbonate
- 150g Luke-warm Water
- 100g M&S Crème Fraiche
- 150g Our Best Ever Smoked Salmon
- 150g M&S Atlantic Prawns
- 1 Lemon
- Mix the flour, dried yeast and sugar, stir in the buttermilk, transfer to lightly greased bowl
- Allow to prove in a warm place for 1.5hours
- Now dissolve the salt and bicarb into the warm water, and fold into the buttermilk dough
- Allow move this to a large container and allow to sit in a warm place for 1 more hour. The mix can now be transferred to the fridge for use at any time
- To cook, grease a non-stick egg pan, or use greased rings on larger a non-stick pan
- Place the mix in the pan and allow to cook over a low heat for 7-8mins until dry on top, turn and cook for 1 min on the other side
- Garnish the crumpet with some seasoned crème fraiche, Our Best Ever smoked salmon, M&S Atlantic prawns and dill. Squeeze lemon on top
Check out the M&S website for more information and the M&S social channels where you’ll find videos with Mark creating this delicious recipe.
Instagram – @marksandspencerireland
Facebook – @MarksandSpencerIreland
Twitter – @mandsireland