Celebrate Easter at home and the coming of spring with the perfect barbecue leg of lamb. Lamb is incredibly succulent when cooked on a high heat and served up medium rare, making it an ideal cut of meat for roasting on the barbecue. Serve with crispy hasselback potatoes and seasonal vegetables for a delicious family feast this Easter weekend.
Lamb with Dijon Mustard and Hasselback Potatoes
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 1hr 30 minutes
Grill Method: Indirect
1 leg of lamb, around 2.5kg
100g Dijon mustard
150ml vegetable oil
4 cloves of garlic
4 thyme sprigs
18 medium potatoes
50ml rapeseed oil
1 tbsp paprika
3 springs rosemary
2 cloves of garlic
Equipment: Grill Rack
In the kitchen:
- Place the leg of lamb on the Grill Rack. Season the lamb well with salt and pepper.
- For the marinade, rinse and chop the thyme, crush the garlic and mix everything with Dijon mustard and oil.
- Wash the potatoes and make deep cuts, without cutting completely through. The cuts should be just three quarters into the potatoes.
- Chop the rosemary and crush the garlic, then mix with rapeseed oil, paprika, salt and pepper. Turn the potatoes in the mix.
At the barbecue:
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect heat, approx. 220°C. If using a 57cm charcoal barbecue, you will need 1/2 a Chimney Starter of lit Weber briquettes.
- Place the Grill Rack with the leg of lamb on the indirect heat (above the potatoes), set your iGrill at 63°C and insert the probe into the meat.
- Cook the lamb for approx. 90 minutes until it reaches 63°C.
- After 30 minutes of cooking, place the hasselback potatoes underneath your cooking grate in your indirect zone.
- Brush the meat with the Dijon marinade and continue to do this regularly.
- Remove the potatoes and the meat when it has a core temperature of 63°C. Allow the leg of lamb to rest uncovered for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Tip: Cooking your potatoes underneath your meat helps to cook them quicker. In addition, they absorb the meat juices, which gives them additional flavour.
For a full list of Weber Barbecues, specifications and pricing, visit www.weber.com/IE
For further information, pricing or product samples please contact:
Aimee O’Driscoll, Wilson Hartnell, 01 669 0030, aimee.o’email@example.com
Aifric Ryan, Wilson Hartnell, 01 669 0030, firstname.lastname@example.org
We have been celebrating perfect BBQs since 1952 with our superior know-how, unique range of products and our enthusiasm for all things ‘Weber’. We are the original BBQ brand, no other barbecue manufacturer can boast such a wealth of experience and knowledge as Weber. In the same way we invented the kettle barbecue in Chicago from a simple marine buoy, we continue to develop the whole world of barbecuing bit by bit every day.
As one of the world’s leading providers with the most comprehensive range of quality products and services in the industry, today Weber is Internationally synonymous with barbecuing innovation, perfect barbecue products and the ultimate barbecue experience. With offices in over 40 countries on all continents, we continue to promote the Weber BBQ culture around the world.