Spooktacularly good Halloween recipes from Mash Direct!
Whatever Halloween may bring this year, one thing we can be sure of is the ghoulishly good feast that comes with the night itself.
From Mini Mummy Pizzas to Spooktacular Mash and Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Peppers, Mash Direct’s frightfully fun Halloween recipes will put a smile on everyones face!
Halloween – Jack-o Lantern Peppers (Serves 4)
Cook Time – 25mins
- 4 large Orange Bell Peppers
- 1 packet of Mash Direct Mashed Potato
- Crumbled Bacon
- 3 Chives
- Grated Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Heat oven to 180 degrees ⁰c.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the top off each bell pepper horizontally. Set tops aside (do not discard!) and remove all seeds. Rinse the peppers and pat dry.
- Use a small knife, cut holes in the exterior of the peppers to make Jack-O Lantern faces. If the peppers don’t stand up right, use the knife to slice a small amount from the bottom.
- Lightly grease a small sheet pan. Arrange the peppers and lids on the pan and cook in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the peppers are cooked, but still firm. Remove peppers from the oven and allow to cool while you make the filling.
FOR THE FILLING:
- Cook the Mashed Potato according to package instructions.
- Add the bacon, sour cream, cheese and chives. Mix gently to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Scoop the potato mixture into the peppers evenly.
- Place a top onto each stuffed pepper and serve with a big jack-o-lantern smile!
Halloween – Spooktakular Mashed Potato (Serves 2)
Cook Time – 5mins
- Mash Direct Mashed Potato
- Whole black peppers (for the eyes)
- Stuffed green olives (for the mouth)
- Cook the Mashed Potato in the Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Pipe or Mould the Mashed Potato into Ghost shaped peaks.
- Place two Black Peppers for eyes and a slice of stuffed Green Olive for the mouth!
We served with a stuffed Orange Pepper cut into the style of a Halloween Pumpkin, but you can serve with any Spooky meal!
Halloween – Rosti Spiders & Croquette Mice (Serves 6)
Cook Time – 30mins
- 1 pack Mash Direct Potato Croquettes
- 1 pack of Mash Direct Potato Rosti
- 1 Courgette
- A handful of olives
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Carrot
But you can use whatever vegetables you’d like!
For the Croquette Mice:
- Cook the Mash Direct Potato Croquettes according to pack instructions.
- Peel a carrot and chop into sections about 0.5cm thick.
- Using a knife, cut 2 slits on either side of the croquette. Take 2 pieces of carrot and insert to become the ears.
- Cut an Olive in half and use as the eyes.
- Use thinly sliced or spiralised courgette as the tail.
For the Rosti Spiders:
- Cook the Mash Direct Potato Rosti according to pack instructions.
- Cut and deseed the red and yellow peppers. Cut 8 slices from the red pepper as spider legs.
- Cut an Olive in half and use as the eyes, and use Yellow Pepper slices for fangs.
Halloween – Mini Mummy Pizzas (Serves 2)
Cook Time – 10-15mins
- Mash Direct Potato Cakes
- Pizza Sauce
- Stuffed green olives (or whatever you fancy for the eyes!)
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Carefully slice the potato cakes in half.
- Scoop a teaspoon of pizza sauce onto each half of the potato cake and spread evenly.
- Place thin strips of mozzarella across the cakes in the style of a mummy (careful they will get wider in the oven).
- Add two slices of stuffed green olives to act as the eyes!
- Place in the oven at 200°C for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!