Recreate the traditional fireside treat with a light and fruity twist with Siúcra & Catherine Fulvio’s Strawberry S’mores with Fruit Puree.
Swap the chocolate for a tasty fruit puree paired with strawberries and marshmallows for a delicious summer inspired sweet treat!
Makes 10 smores
For the biscuits
200g plain flour
100g softened butter
70g Siucra granulated sugar
3 tbsp ground almonds
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 to 4 tbsp milk
For the puree
100g mixed berries
3 tbsp Siucra caster sugar
For the strawberries
12 strawberries, hulled
1 tbsp Siucra icing sugar
10 to 12 marshmallows
Icing sugar, for dusting
To make the biscuits
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/Fan160°C/gas 4.
- Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Place the flour and sugar into a bowl and rub in the butter.
- Add the almonds and vanilla extract.
- Pour in enough milk to form a dough and very lightly knead it together.
- Wrap the dough up in parchment and leave in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough out thinly and cut out circles with a cutter. Place them onto the pre-lined baking tray.
- Leave on the tray for 10 minutes to set before transferring to a cooling rack.
To make the puree
- Blend the berries and sugar together until smooth.
- You need to have the biscuits ready as well as the puree before bbqing the strawberries and marshmallows.
- Preheat the bbq, place the strawberries on the bbq grill and cook. Toast marshmallows on skewers over the bbq.
- Place a toasted marshmallow onto one side of the biscuits, add a strawberry or two as well as a spoon or two of the puree. Close with the other biscuit and dust the top with Siucra icing sugar and serve.