Give ‘em pumpkin to talk about with these Siúcra & Catherine Fulvio’s Halloween Pumpkin Mini Cakes.
Soft and fluffy in the inside with a decadent festive topping to impress all your spooky guests.
There’s no tricks here just a treat!
For the cake sponge
100g Siúcra Rich Dark Sugar
120g unsalted butter, softened
150g self-raising flour
70g dark chocolate, melted
3 tbsp milk
For the filling
200g Siúcra Icing Sugar
4 tbsp cocoa powder
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1 orange, zest only
Siúcra Roll Out Icing, for the stems and leaves of the pumpkins
Gold shimmer dust (optional)
Materials – mini bundt baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 180°C /Fan160°C/Gas 4. Make sure the mini bundt cake tray is well greased.
- To make the cupcakes, cream the Siúcra Rich Dark Sugar and butter until pale and fluffy. Whisk in the eggs.
- Fold in the flour, melted chocolate and milk to form a batter.
- Spoon the mixture into the tray and bake for about 8 to 11 minutes until cooked i.e. when a skewer is inserted in and it comes out clean. Allow them to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning them out onto a rack to cool completely before sandwiching them together.
- To make the butter cream, cream the butter, Siúcra Icing Sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and orange zest together until smooth and light.
- To assemble, when the cakes are cold, to form a “pumpkin”, sandwich the bases of two mini cakes together with the buttercream.
- Knead an orange colour paste into the Siúcra Roll Out Icing Sugar. Shape out 6 pumpkin stems and leaves to decorate the cakes.
- Place on the “pumpkins” and dust with golden shimmer.