Medjool Date & Oat Crumble Bars
425 grams Medjool dates, pitted & chopped
250 ml water
30 ml lemon juice
2 tbsp. brown sugar
½ tsp baking powder
175 grams quick cooking oats
150 grams all-purpose flour
160 grams brown sugar
½ tsp baking powder
170 grams salted butter, softened
- Line baking sheet with parchment & let hang over the sides
- In a pot bring the dates, water, lemon juice & brown sugar to the boil. Add the baking soda & simmer until dates have fallen apart. Stirring constantly so as not to stick. Let cool.
- In a bowl combine oats, flour, brown sugar & baking powder. Add the butter & stir to combine.
- Spread half of the mixture into the sheet pan & press firmly. Layer the date mix. Cover with remaining crumble mix & press lightly. Bake @ 180C for 55 minutes until crumble is golden brown. Let cool & cut into squares.
Wheat Free Carrot, Apple & Pecan Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- 200 grams ground almond
- 135 grams gluten free oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 65 grams chopped pecans
- 165 grams maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ Granny Smith apple
- 2 peeled & grated carrots
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper muffin cups
- In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and pecans.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, eggs & butter. Mix in the grated apple & carrots. Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each to the brim. Bake until the muffins are nicely browned on top and a knife inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Enjoy with a good spread of butter!
Granola Flapjacks Biscuits
- 100g Granola
- 100g Porridge oats
- 100g Golden Syrup
- 100g Self raising Flour
- 100g Butter
- Preheat oven to 160c. Line a 20cm deep baking tray with greaseproof paper. Rub with oil.
- Melt Butter, add to warmed golden syrup, add porridge oats, granola sand self raising flour. Mix gently with a wooden spoon, transfer to a lined tin, bake for 15-20mins.
- Remove from the oven and cut into 16 squares, allow to cool before serving.