If you’ve a sweet tooth but are keeping an eye on your sugar intake, then these Peanut Butter Oat Bars created by @Homespun could be your new favourite afternoon tea sweet treat.
They’re sweetened naturally with Homespun’s new Chicory Root syrup, now available in AVOCA stores, meaning they’re low in sugar, plant-based and high in prebiotic fibre. They’re also melt in your mouth delicious and super easy to make.
– 80g Homespun Chicory Root Syrup (now stocked in AVOCA stores)
– 240g peanut butter
– 40g coconut oil, melted
– 150g oats ground to a flour consistency in your blender or food processor
– Pinch of salt
– 100g dark chocolate chopped
– 15g coconut oil
– Toasted coconut flakes / chopped nuts for topping
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper or you can use an 8-inch square tin to make thinner bars.
- Mix together Chicory Root Syrup, peanut butter and coconut oil in a large bowl. Once combined, add the oat flour and salt.
- Add the mixture to your prepared tin and spread evenly. Leave to set in the fridge for at least an hour before topping with your chocolate layer.
- Melt chocolate in a heat safe bowl or jug in the microwave in 30 second increments. Mix in coconut oil which will melt in the heat of chocolate.
- Pour chocolate over the fudge layer. Sprinkle with toasted coconut or chopped nuts.
- Leave to set for at least one more hour before slicing.
- Store in the fridge for up to two weeks in a sealed container.