Introducing Mark Moriarty’s ‘Flavours of Summer’ Irish Strawberry Dessert with delicious new season Irish strawberries, elderflower syrup and luxurious vanilla ice cream
M&S is delighted to share the third of four recipes in partnership with chef, Mark Moriarty as part of his ‘Flavours of Summer’ campaign, a collection of four fresh and flavour-packed recipes, perfect for summer.
For the latest ‘Flavours of Summer’ recipe from Former World Young Chef of the Year and Forbes 30 Under 30 lister, Mark has created a delightfully sweet, summer inspired almond cake with deliciously fresh new season Irish strawberries, elderflower syrup and melt in your mouth vanilla ice cream.
This no-fuss summer desert is bursting with colour and full of flavour and while it may look fancy, Mark’s recipe is quick and easy to put together, meaning you can make it over and over, all summer long!
This summer showstopper recipe showcases the best of M&S’ freshest produce and focuses on the clever combination of quality ingredients for a light yet indulgent finale to any feast.
Each month throughout the summer, Mark will host an Instagram Live from the @marksandspencerireland account, giving followers the chance to cook along at home and re-create his summer recipes, with this recipe live taking place on Thursday, 22nd July at 6PM.
To cook along with Mark at home, all you’ll need is:
- 200g new season Irish strawberries
- M&S Madagascan vanilla ice cream
- 100ml Elderflower cordial
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 160g icing sugar
- 60g M&S ground almonds
- 150g egg whites
- 100ml M&S extra virgin olive oil
- 100g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Mix the sugar, almonds, flour and baking powder together, followed by the olive oil and eggs until a paste is formed
- Pour this into a non-stick loaf tin or cake mould and bake for 30 minutes
- Once baked, cut into slices
- Cut the strawberries into thick slices and layer on top of the cake
- Mix the cordial and lemon juice together, pour this over the top. Finish with vanilla ice cream
You can now pick up one the ‘Flavours of Summer’ recipe leaflets as well as all the necessary ingredients in store so you can cook along with Mark at home. Check out the M&S website for more information and to explore more of Mark’s delicious ‘Flavours of Summer’ recipes.
Instagram – @marksandspencerireland
Facebook – @MarksandSpencerIreland
Twitter – @mandsireland
Mark Moriarty Instagram – @markmoriarty1