Recipes created by the Culinary team at the Guinness Storehouse, to be recreated and enjoyed at home.
This recipe makes 8 portions
For the filling you will need:
- 2 large white onions, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1 head of celery, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 100 ml of white wine
- 200mls of Guinness Extra Stout
- 2 litres of fish stock
- 1 large leek, sliced into half barrels
- 50g of dill, chopped
- 50g of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50 grams of cornflour
- 100 ml. of cream
- 2kg of mixed seafood, large diced
For the mashed potato topping:
- 5 kg. Potatoes
- 100 g. butter
- 100 ml. cream
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the filling:
- Take a large pot and cover the base with cooking oil. Sweat the onion, carrot, celery and garlic until soft.
- Deglaze the pot with the white wine and Guinness, cook out for 2 minutes allowing the alcohol to evaporate.
- Add the fish stock and seafood mix, simmer until the fish is just cooked (about 12 mins). Add in the leeks, cream, dill, parsley and lemon juice.
- Add cornflour to thicken the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
For the topping:
- Boil the potatoes, bay leaf, thyme, rosemary and garlic together in a pot until potatoes are tender. Once cooked, discard the herbs.
- Mash the potatoes until light and fluffy.
- In a separate pot heat the cream and butter, then mash into the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.