Recipes created by the Culinary team at the Guinness Storehouse, to be recreated and enjoyed at home.
This recipe makes 6 portions
- 1kg fresh Irish Mussels, clean the shells
- 300 ml. cream
- 200 ml. fish stock
- 330 ml. GUINNESS® Extra Stout (small bottle)
- 1 bay leaf
- Knob of butter
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill
- 1diced onion
- 1diced carrot
- 1diced celery
- Juice of half lemon
- Place the butter, onion, carrot & celery in a saucepan at medium heat.
- Fry for to 2-3 minutes, being careful not colour.
- Add the GUINNESS® Extra Stout, fish stock and bay leaf. Simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the cream & simmer until reduce by half again.
- Add the mussels and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until all the shells have opened.
- To finish, add the fresh chopped dill & lemon juice.