Create a roast with the most this Christmas with ALDI’s amazing range of quality meat
Dazzle dinner guests with premium cuts of Irish ham, beef and lamb – available at great value in ALDI stores nationwide!
From November 25th, an amazing range of premium Irish meats will go on sale in ALDI stores nationwide. Sourced from trusted Irish suppliers and reared exclusively for ALDI, these cuts are tasty, tender, and succulent, making them the perfect centrepiece for your festive feast. Best of all, prices start from as low as €9.99 – meaning you’re sure to find quality meats within your budget!
For a gorgeous, glazed ham look no further than the Specially Selected Irish Cooked Christmas Baked Ham €12.99, glazed in appleberry and mulled wine. Embrace tradition with the Specially Selected Irish Honey and Clove Baked Ham €12.99, glazed with honey and studded with cloves. Indulge your sweet tooth with the Specially Selected Irish Sweet Cured Topside Ham €12.99, available in a gingerbread glaze with crumb, or port and orange flavour. Finally, opt for a hassle-free ham with the Specially Selected Irish Easy Carve Ham €19.99, rubbed with fig and Christmas spices, or in a blackberry and stout glaze.
Impress guests with the Specially Selected Cooked Christmas Ham €22.99, tenderly cooked, available in Traditional or Honey and Clove. Keep them coming back for seconds with the award-winning Specially Selected Irish Horseshoe Ham €24.99, available dressed in honey and mustard, or bathed in Irish black butter. Among the stars of this year’s range is the Specially Selected Irish Berkshire Cherry Smoked Heritage Ham €29.99. Reared for ALDI in Co. Mayo, this ham boasts a rich and distinct flavour that makes it a Christmas classic.
Fancy trying your hand at preparing your own glaze this year? Chef and ALDI Ambassador Catherine Fulvio has shared her easy recipes for homemade glazes that will ensure your ham is at its glistening best this Christmas:
“For a quick simple glaze, try my Cranberry & Ginger Glaze – you won’t be disappointed. Simply take 5 tablespoons of cranberry sauce, along with 1 tablespoon with red wine vinegar, the zest of 1 orange, ½ teaspoon of ground ginger and a pinch or two of nutmeg. Mix it all together and spread it over your poached, scored ham. Stud with spice cloves and bake in a hot oven for approximately 20 minutes.”
“Another festive favourite is my Spicy Honey Glaze. Mix 3 tablespoons of honey with 4 tablespoons of Sriracha sauce and add a ¼ teaspoon of 5 Spice. Spread over your ham, stud with cloves and bake in a medium-hot oven for around 20 minutes. Make sure to keep a close eye on this one as the honey will burn if left too long!”
Looking for an alternative to turkey and ham this year? Put your own twist on the Christmas roast this year with ALDI’s unrivaled selection of Bord Bia Quality Assured 100% Irish beef and lamb.
Whip up a feast they’ll never forget with Specially Selected Exquisite 40 Day Matured Irish Angus 3 Rib Roast Joint €19.99 per kg. Matured for 40 days, this expertly butchered joint is rich, succulent, and flavoursome.
Prepare a roast with all the trimmings with the Specially Selected 32 Day Matured Irish Angus Premium Centre Cut Sirloin Joint with Stuffing €19.99 per kg, which comes complete with a duxelles chestnut mushroom stuffing and a sprig of rosemary. Serve up a deliciously succulent and smoky cut of beef with the Specially Selected Angus Striploin Joint with Sea Salt & Peppercorn Rub €19.99 per kg.
Elevate your roast with the Specially Selected Exquisite 32 Day Matured Angus Fillet Barrel with Red Wine Jus €34.99. Accompanied by a delicious red wine and thyme jus, this is a truly premium cut of beef that will wow your loved ones. For something different, sample one of Cork’s most beloved Christmas traditions with Butcher’s Selection Spiced Beef €9.99 per kg, encrusted in a range of festive spices.
While lamb may primarily be associated with Easter, it also makes for a wonderful Christmas main, so if this is your meat of choice, ALDI has you covered. Dish up a Christmas dinner with a difference thanks to the Butcher’s Selection Irish Butterflied Lamb Shoulder €15.99, available with a Sweet Honey & Mustard or Coriander & Mint marinade. Dazzle dinner guests with the Great Taste Award-winning Specially Selected Easy Carve Irish Lamb Leg €17.99 per kg. Deliciously succulent, it comes with your choice of a sea salt and garlic rub or ciabatta, apricot, and herb stuffing.
Opt for a leaner cut with the Specially Selected Exquisite Irish Lamb Cannon with Seasonal Stuffing €19.99. Wonderfully lean and easy to prepare, this is a low-maintenance main that doesn’t sacrifice on wow factor! For a true showstopper, look no further than the mouthwateringly tasty and award-winning Specially Selected Premium West of Ireland Lamb Guard of Honour €27.99, which comes with a rosemary, garlic, and salt rub.
See below for a full list of Bord Bia Quality Assured 100% Irish ham, beef and lamb products arriving in ALDI stores nationwide this festive season:
Available from November 25th
- Butcher’s Selection Irish Horseshoe Ham Small €12.99 (1.8 – 2.2kg) / Medium €18.99 (2.8kg – 3.2kg) / Large €29.99 (4.8 – 5.2kg) Irish horseshoe ham. Choose from Unsmoked or Smoked.
- Specially Selected Irish Silverside Ham €12.99 (1.1kg) Choose from Honey & Mulled Wine or Maple & Festive Spices Glaze. Serves 4-6.
- Specially Selected Irish Sweet Cured Topside Ham €12.99 (1kg) Choose from Gingerbread Glaze & Crumb or Port & Orange flavoured ham. Serves 4-6.
- Specially Selected Irish Easy Carve Ham €19.99 (2.2kg) A deliciously moist and tender, easy to carve ham. Choose from Fig & Christmas Spices or a unique Blackberry & Stout Glaze. Serves 8-10.
- Specially Selected Irish Horseshoe Ham €24.99 (2.5kg) Choose from the award-winning Honey & Mustard Dressed Half Horseshoe Ham or the 25% Reduced Salt, Cook-in-the-Bag Horseshoe Ham with Great Taste Award-winning Irish Black Butter. Serves 8-10.
Available from December 9th:
- Specially Selected Irish Cooked Christmas Baked Ham €12.99 (750g) Succulent Irish ham glazed with an appleberry and mulled wine glaze.
- Specially Selected Irish Honey and Clove Baked Ham €12.99 (750g) Succulent Irish ham glazed with honey and studded with cloves.
- Specially Selected Cooked Christmas Ham €22.99 (2kg) Traditional/Honey & Cloves Tender cooked ham. Choose from Traditional or Honey & Cloves.
- Specially Selected Spiral Cut Cooked Ham €22.99 (1.75kg) A spiral ham with a delicious honey glaze.
Available from December 19th:
- Specially Selected Irish Berkshire Cherry Smoked Heritage Ham €29.99 (4kg) Exclusively reared for ALDI Ireland in Co. Mayo. Choose from an Irish Berkshire Half Bone-In Ham or a Boned & Rolled Ham. Serves 10-12.
Beef and Lamb
Available from November 25th:
- Butcher’s Selection Spiced Beef €9.99 per kg (800g – 1.2kg) Cured in a traditional manner and encrusted in a mix of wonderful festive spices.
Available from December 20th:
- Butcher’s Selection Irish Butterflied Lamb Shoulder €15.99 (1kg) Tender and succulent shoulder of lamb. Choose from Sweet Honey & Mustard, or Coriander & Mint Marinade.
- Specially Selected Easy Carve Irish Lamb Leg €17.99 per kg (1.4 – 1.6 kg) Cut and boned so it’s succulent and easy to carve. Choose from Sea Salt & Garlic Rub with a Peppercorn Butter or Ciabatta, Apricot & Herb Stuffing.
- Specially Selected 32 Day Matured Irish Angus Premium Centre Cut Sirloin Joint with Stuffing €19.99 per kg (1.5 – 1.75kg) A truly premium cut with a duxelles chestnut mushroom stuffing, complemented with a sprig of rosemary.
- Specially Selected Angus Striploin Joint with Sea Salt & Peppercorn Rub €19.99 per kg (1.1 – 1.4kg) A tender and succulent cut of beef with smoked sea salt and peppercorn rub.
- Specially Selected Exquisite 40 Day Matured Irish Angus 3 Rib Roast Joint €19.99 per kg (2.5 – 3.5kg) This incredibly rich, succulent joint has been matured for 40 days to ensure all the unmistakable characteristics of Angus Beef are presented at their best.
- Specially Selected Exquisite Irish Lamb Cannon with Seasonal Stuffing €19.99 (600g) A delicious lean and tender cannon of lamb with a fruity festive stuffing.
- Specially Selected Premium West of Ireland Lamb Guard of Honour €27.99 (1kg) With a rosemary, garlic and salt rub, our Lamb Guard of Honour is renowned for producing incredibly rich flavours. It’s the perfect showstopper.
- Specially Selected Exquisite 32 Day Matured Angus Fillet Barrel with Red Wine Jus €34.99 (900g) Tender and succulent fillet joint matured for 32 days with a sachet of red wine and thyme jus.