This is a fresh salad that can be made in no time at all, it’s perfect as a light main course or it can be served as a side. Though it sounds like it shouldn’t work, together the apples and blue cheese marry well.
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 5 Minutes
2 Pink Lady apples
200g Cashel Blue cheese
100ml Irish Cider
1 small red onion
200g baby leaves
1 tbsp. caster sugar
100ml Shack dressing
- On a chopping board, slice the onions
- Peel, slice and core the apples.
- In a pan, sprinkle the apples with caster sugar, add the cider and bring to a medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the sugar turns lightly brown.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool
- Wash the leaves and dress in a salad bowl, add the red onion and toss with the Shackdressing.
- Top with the apples and the crumbled blue cheese.
Food Photography by Anna Nowakowska