Move over banana bread, there’s a new contender in town! Enjoy Avoca’s Frozen Banoffee Cheesecake for the ultimate special treat this Easter weekend.
150 grams dark chocolate 70%
300 grams oaty biscuits (digestives)
8 bananas, very ripe
500 grams cream cheese
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
225 grams dulce de leche or thick caramel sauce (reserve 50 grams for drizzling after frozen)
- Grease & line a 20cm cake tin.
- Melt 50 grams of chocolate & mix with biscuits. Pulse in a food processor until well combined & crumbs are fine. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil & pulse again.
- Tip crumb mix into cake pan & press firmly & evenly to create a biscuit base.
- Using a stand-up mixer, add the peeled bananas, cream cheese, vanilla & dulce de leche. Blend with a paddle until completely combined & smooth.
- Pour the banana mix over the biscuit base & spread evenly.
- Put in the freezer & freeze overnight.
- Take the cake out of the freezer 1 hour before serving. Decorate with shaved chocolate & drizzle extra dulce de leche over the top.
AVOCA is now offering a delivery and collection service so that customers can shop everything from the entire Food Market range as well as essential ingredients. The delivery service will only be operating within a 10km radius of the following stores: Rathcoole, Kilmacanogue, Dunboyne, Ballsbridge, Monkstown and Malahide. To avail of this service, contact the store directly by using the contact details listed for each store on www.avoca.com