Make healthy breakfasts easy with AVOCA’s Mango, Turmeric, Coconut & Chia Seed Pudding. The perfect morning boost to start your day; it’s creamy, satisfying and loaded with protein, fibre and omega-3s and packed with antioxidants. Plus, it’s vegan and gluten-free!
Makes 6 portions
1 can of coconut milk
½ can of cold water
300ml of mango puree or the flesh of 2 mangoes pureed
3 mangos destoned and cut into pieces
60g chia seeds
40g maple syrup
20g turmeric root grated finely or a pinch of powdered turmeric
Dress with colourful edible flowers
- Mix all the ingredients together and allow stand for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Take out form the fridge and blend together with a hand-held soup blender.
- Don’t blend too fine, allow it to be coarse in texture. Allow to rest overnight.
- Half fill a glass or bowl with the soaked chia seeds pudding. Decorate half the surface of the glass or bowl with raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, chia seeds, cacao and toasted shaved coconut.
- Dress it up with some beautiful edible flowers
AVOCA comprises 13 stores and is famed for their award-winning cafes, luxury homewares, fashion, accessories and gifting ranges. Established in 1723 as a handweaving company, AVOCA continues today to produce quality wool products from the original site at AVOCA, Co. Wicklow. AVOCA stocks a wide range of Irish and international fashion brands.