On October 1st coffee lovers around the world will celebrate International Coffee Day, which was first launched in 2015 by the International Coffee Organization in Milan.
The first drink of the day for many, coffee is also the perfect ingredient for some delicious cocktails, whether it’s an after-dinner Baileys Tiramisu Cocktail or the perfect Smirnoff Espresso Martini with friends.
With the weather getting colder we could all do with a cosy coffee cocktail!
So, here are 3 indulgent cocktails to make at home to celebrate International Coffee Day with friends and family.
BAILEYS TIRAMISU COCKTAIL
- 100ml Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 100ml strong hot coffee
- 20g chopped chocolate
- 2tbsp soft brown sugar
- 60g lady finger biscuits
- 120g mascarpone
- Cocoa powder, chocolate coffee beans and chocolate flakes to garnish
- Mix the hot coffee with the sugar and chocolate until smooth.
- Blend the Baileys and biscuit crumbs with four ice cubes in a blender until smooth.
- Put the mascarpone in a bowl, add a third of the Baileys mixture and mix together.
- Fold in the rest with a spoon.
- Pour the coffee mixture into two martini cocktail glasses then spoon over the Baileys mascarpone mix.
- Dust with the cocoa powder and sprinkle over coffee beans, chocolate flakes and curls.
Check out our recipe video here.
ROE&CO IRISH COFFEE
- 40ml Roe & Co
- 75ml hot coffee
- 1 tsp demerara sugar
- Whipped double cream
- Grated nutmeg
- Add all ingredients (apart from cream) to an Irish coffee glass and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Top with a dollop of double whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the grated nutmeg.
- Feeling indulgent?
Whip your cream with 5ml of maple syrup and a drop of vanilla essence.
SMIRNOFF ESPRESSO MARTINI
- 50ml Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka
- 25ml coffee liqueur
- 15ml sugar syrup
- 35ml fresh espresso (standard single shot)
- 3 coffee beans
- Add all liquid ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice to cocktail shaker.
- Shake for 15 seconds and fine strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Top with coffee beans to garnish.
Enjoy Diageo spirits responsibly.
Diageo is a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands including Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, JεB, Buchanan’s and Windsor whiskies, Smirnoff, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness. Diageo is a global company, and its products are sold in more than 180 countries around the world. The company is listed on both the London Stock Exchange (DGE) and the New York Stock Exchange (DEO). For more information about Diageo, its people, its brands, and performance, visit www.diageo.com. Visit Diageo’s global responsible drinking resource, www.DRINKiQ.com, for information, initiatives, and ways to share best practice.