Direct from your barbecue, Weber brings you a National Barbecue Week staple, Baby Back Ribs. The Weber recipe is a step by step guide to getting the most tender and juicy ribs that guarantee a feed of tender and juicy barbecued meat, in the easiest way possible!
Weber’s low and slow top-down cooking method for these ribs are a sure way to guarantee your meat will be falling from the bone.
For a unique twist on a grilling classic, the mouth-watering Cola marinade will offset the rich and juicy meat perfectly. The only way to attack these guys is to get your hands dirty and get stuck in!
1 tbsp sea salt
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp onion flakes / powder
1 tbsp chilli powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp celery seeds
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 racks meaty baby back ribs (approx. 1.3kg)
2 tbsp American mustard
85g unsalted butter
2 tbsp cider vinegar
Cola Barbecue Sauce
240ml tomato ketchup
3 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp treacle
2 tbsp American mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp chilli powder
- In a small bowl, mix rub ingredients together and set aside.
1. Using a blunt knife, slide the tip under the membrane of the rib, lift and loosen until membrane breaks. Pull a corner of the membrane and slide off entirely.
2. Cut the rib crosswise into two halves.
3. Cover both ribs evenly with the prepared rub, ensuring the majority is coated to the meatier side than the boned side. Leave both to stand at room temperature for approx. 30 mins.
- Prepare barbecue for cooking over low heat at approx. 120°C.
- Add wood chunks to your coals or place the wood chips in a smoker box.
- When smoke appears, place ribs, bone-side down, on the cooking grate.
- Close barbecue lid and allow to cook for 1 ½ hours. Maintain temperature between 120-150°C.
- In a saucepan, mix sauce ingredients together and bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. You should have 350ml of sauce.
At the BBQ:
- After 1 ½ hours of cooking, lightly baste both sides of ribs with your melted cider vinegar butter.
- Continue bone side down cooking with lid closed for another 1 ½ hours.
- After 3 hours of cooking, generously baste ribs with cola sauce and cook for 15 minutes at very low heat.
- The ribs are ready when the meat in the middle is tender and begins to tear.
- If the racks are ready for removal (shrunken meat by approx. 0.5 inch), lightly baste with more sauce and allow to rest for 15 minutes before cutting between ribs and serving warm with sauce on the side.
Weber hero products include; SmokeFire Wood Fired Pellet Grill, Weber Connect, Master-Touch Premium, Pulse, Genesis II E-310, Sprit II, Smokey Joe and Go-Anywhere. For a full list of Weber Barbecues, specifications and pricing, visit www.weber.com/IE
We have been celebrating perfect BBQs since 1952 with our superior know-how, unique range of products and our enthusiasm for all things ‘Weber’. We are the original BBQ brand; no other barbecue manufacturer can boast such a wealth of experience and knowledge as Weber. In the same way we invented the kettle barbecue in Chicago from a simple marine buoy, we continue to develop the whole world of barbecuing bit by bit every day.
As one of the world’s leading providers with the most comprehensive range of quality products and services in the industry, today Weber is Internationally synonymous with barbecuing innovation, perfect barbecue products and the ultimate barbecue experience. With offices in over 40 countries on all continents, we continue to promote the Weber BBQ culture around the world.