2018 winner of the BIM Young Fishmonger Awards, Anne Stephens is the first ever female winner of the Awards. Together with her husband George (a previous winner of the same award), she runs three fish shops – The Fish Market in Blanchardstown, Maynooth, and Mullingar.
Anne has developed their range of offerings to include her own signature range of products including gluten-free and healthy convenience range, and is passionate about encouraging people to eat fish as part of a healthy diet – all their customers are instructed on how to safely cook and debone the fish they buy.
Furthermore, as the first woman to win the BIM award, Anne represents increased female success and recognition in the industry – out of the four finalists in her Independent Seafood Specialist category, three were women.
Here’s her recipe for a delicious Salmon and Cod Pesto Bake:
Preparation time 15 minutes – Cooking time 30 minutes
600g salmon in one piece (ask your fishmonger to slice it open like a book, so you can stuff) 300g cod (again sliced horizontally, then cut into thin pieces)
2 tbsp Grated parmesan (optional)
Preheat oven to 180°C
For the breadcrumb:
Assembling the salmon:
2. Spread a small amount of basil pesto on the inner salmon fillet.
3. Layer the thin pieces of cod on top of the pesto.
4. Fold over the salmon fillet, spreading more pesto sparingly on top.
5. Cover with a generous sprinkling of the homemade mixed herb and parmesan crumb.
6. Place the salmon on a baking tray and cover with foil. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and continue to bake for a further 15 minutes until the crumb is crispy on top.
7. Serve with lashings of creamy mashed potato and steamed tenderstem broccoli.