Try these five wines from Chile, California, and South Africa now available in Aldi stores nationwide – the perfect pairing for a cosy night in
What better way to enjoy the winter evenings than being sat beside the fire with a glass of wine from a far-flung shore. With Aldi’s wine sale this winter, you can try these five wines under €5, and bring a taste of Chile, California, or South Africa to your living room during the longer evenings.
Speaking about the winter wine sale, Aldi’s resident wine expert, Tom Doorley said; “Aldi is already fully established as a source of great wines at amazing prices, but the €5 specials are truly exceptional. For a limited time, you can have brilliantly crafted wines, full of New World fruit, for tiny money. And if you’re new to wine, and especially if you’ve always wanted to experiment, now is your chance to try new experiences for next to nothing!”
Available in store now until the end of December while stocks last, these wines include:
- Estevez Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon, 75cl €3.99 – Deep burgundy red. A fruity nose with a predominance of ripe red and black fruits with dry herbs. Complemented with chocolate, coffee and vanilla. In the mouth, a pleasant acidity with a firm and structured body.
- Estevez Chilean Merlot, 75cl €4.99 – Intense cherry red colour. Aromas and notes of red and black sweet fruits. Complemented with hints of coconut and vanilla. In the mouth, the wine is fruity with soft tannins.
- Estevez Chilean Chardonnay, 75cl €4.99 – Cooling sea breezes create a rich, beautifully bright Chardonnay filled with distinct flavours. Aromas of tangerine, melon, apple and sweet pear meet notes of butter and freshly baked bread. A beautiful accompaniment to seafood and chicken curry.
- Beachfront Californian Sauvignon Blanc, 75cl €4.99 – A fruity, aromatic white made with Californian Sauvignon Blanc grapes with lime and white peach aromas.
- Cambalala South African Malbec, €4.99 – A deliciously rich, ripe Malbec from vineyards stretching along the foothills of South Africa’s Western Cape. Bursting with dark fruit flavours of black cherry, plum and blackberry, this is a well-structured wine with an elegant hint of spice on the finish.
For more information on the amazing range of Christmas and core wines available at Aldi stores nationwide, visit www.aldi.ie.